Select Order entry (option # 1 from the main menu)
At the ship to? prompt you may enter the customer’s number:
- Using a customer’s number. When prompted for a customer number, simply enter the number<Enter>.
- Using the customer’s name. When prompted for a customer number, enter a “?” <Enter>. Then, at the name key prompt, simply enter any part of the customer’s name<Enter>. If only one customer matches your entry then that customer’s information will be imported directly into the order header. If more than one match occurs then all customers those matches will be displayed and you merely select the appropriate one by typing the line number<Enter>.
- Using the city, state, or zip code. . When prompted for a customer number, enter a “?” <Enter>. Then, at the name key prompt, simply enter a period (.) followed by the city <Enter>. To inquire by state, enter two periods (..) followed by the state <Enter>. The zip code may also, be used by entering three periods (…) followed by the zip code <Enter>. Any combination of the sort items may also be used to narrow the field of potential matches. Again, if more than one match occurs simply select the appropriate customer by typing the line number <Enter>and their information will be imported directly into the order header.
- Using the customer’s telephone number. At the ship to? prompt, type the customer’s phone number(with area code, no dashes are necessary) <Enter>and the customer’s information will be imported directly into the order header.
You now should be familiar with various ways to begin entering an order in the event your customer doesn’t know their customer number.
Editing Header Information
Once the header information is displayed, you will be asked if there are any header fields you wish to change. If there are fields to be changed, you merely enter the field number and press enter. The cursor will move to the selected field for editing. Make the appropriate changes <Enter>.
Your screen will look like the one below:
Your cursor should be in the detail area of the order screen located under Line at line number 1. In addition to header changes, you also have /EM, /B, and /P options.
- /EM Uses an alternative shipping method for all type 3 & 4 backorders on this order.
- /B Switches from Order Entry to Backorder Entry.
- /P Allow you to use a different price schedule for this order.
Entering Part Numbers
Part Numbers may be entered in one of the following ways:
- Quantity,Part Number<Enter> (quantity comma part number, no spaces. i.e. 1,394018S<Enter>)
- Part Number <Enter> quantity <Enter> (i.e. 394018S<Enter>1<Enter>)
An example of this entry should look like the one below:
Once the part number has been entered, you are asked to verify the entry. If all is correct, you may simply press <Enter> or key the next part number.
Options at Part Number Entry Time
In addition to entering part numbers, there are several other functions available from the line entry prompt.
Functions that work in conjunction with the part number are:
- ?=To display matches on a partial part number (396?)
Displays all parts beginning with 396…
- /F=Allows you to bypass freight on this part number (394018S/F)
- /I=Check stock on the part number (394018S/I)
- /N=Allows entry of a part number not in the system (394018S/N)
- /O=Check to see if a customer has ordered part before (394018S/O)
- /W=Displays part number by warehouse w/supersedures (394018S/W)
- /X=Allows you to bypass a part number supersedure (394018S/X)
Functions that work independently of a part number are:
- ..=Quick finish
- /BK=Displays the customer’s full edit/inquiry screen
- /CC=Add / update credit card information
- /CI=Brings up customer information inquiry
- /COM=Display customer credit comments
- /COMX=Update customer credit comments
- /CON=Display customer contracts
- /GP=Display gross profit (w/password)
- /M?=Displays available message numbers
- /MOD=Import a model order
- /MOD=(number)=Imports a model order with qty. multiplier
- /OI=Switches to full order inquiry / reprint screen
- /ORD=Imports a shopping list
- /PH=Displays customer’s telephone number
- /PS=Switches to full product / stock/ inquiry screen
- /RE=Imports detail from a completed order
- /RF=Switches to referral inquiry
- /S?=Displays available surcharge numbers
- /SLS=Displays customer’s sales representative
- /SN=Display service notes
- /SPEC=Imports a special file
Changing Detail on the Part Number Line
After the part number and quantity have been entered and your cursor is at the V? prompt, you have the following options:
- <Enter> Accepts the current information and advances to the next line
- . Displays any service notes on the part number
- 0 or C Allows you to cancel the current line
- 1 or DE Allows you to change description
- 2 or OQ Allows you to change the quantity
- 3 or UM Allows you to change unit of measure
- 4 or UP Allows you to change the price
- 5 or DS Allows you to change discount
- 6 or BK Allows you to change the backorder code
- 7 or WH Allows you to change the shipping warehouse
- 8 or IN Displays a boxed stock inquiry
- 9 or FT Allows changes to factory freight
- 10 or UC Allows changes to cost
- 11 or SN Checks for service notes
- 12 or CM Allows reference to client Mfg. Code
- 13 or CP Allows reference to client part number
- 14 or CS Allows refernce to client sell price
Entering Messages on the Order
Messages are entered the same as part numbers however followed with a code, as indicated below:
- /M Text of message followed by /M <Enter>
prints message at end of order
Text of message followed by /M(number) <Enter> prints a pre-defined message
- /MB Text of message followed by /MB <Enter> prints message at top of order
- /ME Text of message followed by /ME <Enter> prints message at end of this order and any backorders
- /MP Text of message followed by /MP <Enter> prints message with previous part number and any backorders
Text of message followed by /MP(number) <Enter>
Prints message with part number on previous line number
- /MT Text of message followed by /MT <Enter>prints message at top of this order and any backorders
After entering a message, you have four options:
- I Prints the message on the invoice only
- P Prints the message on the pick ticket only
- B Prints the message on both the invoice and pick ticket
- S Displays the message on the screen only
Exiting the Detail Area of the Order
At the line entry prompt, press | (back-slash). This will move the cursor the bottom of the screen. Also, at the bottom of the screen, a list of options are available and they are as follows:
- A Return to line entry (add more part numbers or messages)
- B Imports shippable backorders to accompany (also finishes order)
- C Cancel the order
- E Return to a specific line for editing
- F Finish the order
- H Allows return to the header area for editing
- L Lists lines on the order not currently shown
- S Suspends the order (holds order)
Entering two periods (..)<Enter> at line entry time will immediately finish the order and send to the default printer.
If there are no shippable items on the order, the system will display a message, switch to backorder entry by default, and no pick ticket will be printed. You can override this by typing N <Enter>. The system will print a pick ticket for the order and you will need to confirm/invoice it even though nothing is being shipped. You can type R <Enter> to return to the order and take other action.